07 August 2009

Pepper is officially a Intermountain Therapy Dog

Well it's official. Pepper and I just finished our orientation and got our red clothes. We still have to do a shadow and then someone has to shadow us, but we are almost there. He is the best dog EVER! We did our first volunteer work at Dimple Dell rec center. We went and the experienced handler talked to the kids about dog safety. Then they got to pet the dogs. I have to admit I didn't know how Pep would do with a bunch of kids mauling him but he did awesome. He didn't seem stressed about it or anything. He definetly gravitated to the counselors (who were older teenagers) than the kids but that is not suprising as he prefers older kids and adults to little kids. We are hoping to start out in an ECF versus a children's facility and then see how it goes. Maybe South Davis or something like it. Anyway, I am so proud of him!

1 comment:

mrs said...

he is very handsome. I am so excited for you.